Re: [Criticism] On the discussion about C++ modules

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 16:23:07 EST

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 09:38:13AM -0700, Stephen Satchell wrote:
> At 01:30 PM 10/22/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Yup. And I want to try out my modules coded in Visual Cobol, APL,
> >and PL/I. Oh, and I want to rewrite ext2fs to use Befunge.
>
> Would that be PL/I (F) or PL/I (H}? You have different footprint
> problems with each of these levels. You will also need to write some
> glue code to translate PL/I data structures to kernel structures.

Both of course...

> Don't forget the 2000-line SED script to deal with namespace
> conversion in the PL/I object output.

Oh, and why should *I* have to write any conversion-routines and glue
code? Of course, someone else should rewrite the kernel to suit my
needs...

> (I still have my 30-year-old PL/I documentation from my mainframe days,
> including the compiler program logic manual.)

Cooool! S/370 programmer?

/David Weinehall
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </