Re: Linux's implementation of poll() not scalable?

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:41:00 EST

torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds) wrote on 23.10.00 in <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010232159480.940-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>:

> actually inform about the events. The way to do this simply is to limit it
> in very clear ways, the most notable one being simply that there is only
> one event queue per process (or rather, per "struct files_struct" - so
> threads would automatically share the event queue). This keeps the

While the rest looks fine, I suspect this one is a show-stopper.

IMO, the ability to wait for separate event sets in separate threads is a
MUST. In a single-threaded program, it would probably still be useful in a
number of situations.

Not that it's all that difficult to expand your model to do multiple
queues.

MfG Kai