Re: test10-pre5 won't boot on my Athlon machine (Irongate and Viper chip sets)

From: pierre@lineo.com
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 18:08:22 EST

Miles Lane wrote:

> Perhaps this is related to the PCI issues that are being debated on the list now.
> Would someone look at my bus configuration and let me know what to test or what patch to apply to get my kernel booting?

My Athlon box has a MSI A6195KMS bios. The motherboard has the IronGate and the Viper chipsets, and test10-pre5 works great on it.

One possible caveats :

- USB doesn't work too well, because of a bug in the Viper USB controller. You may want to try to disable "PnP aware OS" in the bios. You may also try to download the latest rev of the A6195KMS bios
available here :

http://www.amdzone.com/files/bios/msi/a6195kms173.zip

- Even when USB finally works, the ohci USB driver sends this kind of message all the time :

usb-ohci.c: bogus NDP=64 for OHCI usb-00:07.4
usb-ohci.c: rereads as NDP=4

but it shouldn't kill your machine. In any doubt, just disable USB.

Otherwise, let me know if you want me to send you my .config and my BIOS settings, it you think they can help you.

Take care !

--
 ______

////\ (@ @) ------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------- Pierre-Philippe Coupard Software Engineer, Lineo, Inc. Email : pierre@lineo.com Phone : (801) 426-5001 x 208 --------------------------------------

A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of. -- Ogden Nash