Re: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@elte.hu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 03:08:47 EST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Ingo's helping me get the info together on this for putting a MARS-NWE
> tux module in the kernel. [...]

TUX modules are user-space, so i certainly cannot help you in 'putting
MARS-NWE in the kernel'. While you (apparently) are trying to move server
applications into ring0, i agree with Andrea and i'm trying to move kernel
functionality out to user-space.

> He had to go do some things this week he told me before he would be
> ready to look at it. He did point me over to the info, and I agreed we
> would attempt to implement it as something to look at. If it performs
> well enough, I will have something reasonable to send out to Novell
> Resellers (CNEs) and Cutomers.

All i did was to inform you that the next release of TUX is imminent and
that you might want to take a look at the new code. You interpreted that
in a very interesting way. You are certainly free and welcome to take a
look at any code and documentation released, but as visible in the past
couple of email exchanges, our technical views about Linux networking
scalability differ in fundamental ways.

        Ingo