Re: 2.2.17 & VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed / eepro100

From: Geoff Winkless (geoff@farmline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 10:42:31 EST

"Alan Cox" <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:
[about what I wrote]
> > > VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for httpd...
> > > VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for httpd...
>
> These if they are odd ones and the box continues are fine, if you get
masses
> of them then probably not

What's it actually doing when this happens? Would it help to allocate more
VM?

> > (our quiet periods) the syslog is nearly empty. In extremis it has been
> > necessary to reboot the machine by kicking the power button.
>
> Are you using software raid ?

No. Should have said it's a Symbios 53c896 SCSI onboard, on an Intel GX
board.

Incidentally I stupidly compiled in support for the onboard sound, which is
the es1371 (rev 8) - don't know if this has any bearing but I'll be taking
it out anyway!

Geoff