Re: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 17:44:44 EST

Jeff, one other thing. Linux is not x86 hand-crafted assembler, it's
capable of running on many platforms. are you planning on giving up this
capability or hand crafting the kernel for each chip?

Linux on x86 is nice (and I do use it a lot) but one of the things that
makes it so useful is that when you do outgrow what youcan do on a x86
platform you cna move to a more powerful platform without having to change
to a different OS.

 David Lang