Re: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 19:07:50 EST

> users must be fairly recent (4.x and about - 3.x has come into discussion
> but doesn't count here) customers. Obviously, they are big and SIGNIFICANT
> customers. Do we know that Linux can't handle the load, though, or is
> this just more supposition based on statistics?

On the same hardware netware 3 at least tended to beat us flat, but then it
wasnt a general purpose OS. I think what Jeff is trying to build is basically
a box that runs netware in the netware 3/4 style - ie fast and a little
unprotected with a standard linux application space protected mode on top of it
- its an interesting concept.