Re: working userspace nfs v3 for linux?

From: Aaron Denney (wnoise@ugcs.caltech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 17:22:33 EST

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 Michael Rothwell <rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us> wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:59:05PM -0500, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> > > Is there a working userspace nfs v3 server for linux?
> >
> > Yes, just install user mode linux and use its v3 knfsd server.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't jokes, don't require a 2.4
> kernel and will work?

Well, given that this is linux-*kernel* mailing list, the answer
seems appropriate.

You didn't say you couldn't use 2.4. And anyway, UML runs under the
latest 2.2 kernels.

Was it a joke? Well, maybe. Networking isn't UML's strong point.

I am not aware of any userspace NFSv3 server. Your best bet would
probably to take the v2 server and mutate it. Why do you want this beast?

--
Aaron Denney
-><-