Re: Linux-2.4.0-test10

From: Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (ragnar@jazzfree.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 12:57:06 EST

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 06:44:25PM -0600, M.H.VanLeeuwen wrote:
> "CRADOCK, Christopher" wrote:
> > I have a similar hardware list and I don't observe any of these problems on
> > 2.4.0-test10x. Is it possibly a hardware conflict somewhere?
> >
> > What I do see occasionally is if X was ever heavy on the memory usage (say
> > I've run GIMP for a couple of hours) then the text console's font set gets
> > trashed until the next reboot. Console driver failing to reset something?

> Never had the trashed fonts before.

Well, here never did until today :) With test9, I had left the box idle
downloading stuff over ppp for like 6h under X. While wget was running,
switched to a vc and with each dot wget printed, the font map got screwed
up more and more.

Not a particular useful report, but I thought I'd mention it in case it
rings a bell somewhere .. UP instead of your SMP, VIA instead of PIIX.

--
____/|  Ragnar Højland     Freedom - Linux - OpenGL      Fingerprint  94C4B
\ o.O|                                                   2F0D27DE025BE2302C