Re: Dual XEON - >>SLOW<< on SMP

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 19:04:31 EST

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 05:39:03PM +0000, Dr. David Gilbert wrote:

> > So, here is David's mtrr patch. Although in his case ("only" 4G) it
> > shouldn't be needed.... it is for 36bit MTRRs I assume.
>
> Thanks! That patch did the trick - our machine is now running lovely.

Your very rare problem was solved in 3 hours and 50 minutes. Most commercial
support shops try and fail to deliver 4 hour response times - this makes me
feel warm inside :-)

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People