Re: 2.2.18pre19

From: Greg KH (greg@wirex.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 19:16:11 EST

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 02:08:53AM +0100, Sasi Peter wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > Could you send the result of /proc/interrupts and 'lspci -v'?
> > Also, have you tried the alternate UHCI controller driver?
> > Or tried USB as modules, instead of compiled in?
>
> Here you go. I did work w/ the very same hw with pre15.

Looks like USB and your sound card is on the same interrupt. Is there
any BIOS settings you can make to move these around?

> I have never really knew what the UHCI JE was all about... So it can be
> used in place of the original UHCI? I will make a try. (and why JE?)

Long story, short answer: 2 different developers working on support for
the same device. Both drivers work better for some people on different
devices. JE is the author's initials (Johannes Erdfelt).

Personally for some devices I have I like one version, for others, I
like the other one. Now if Johannes would ever fix the QUEUE_BULK bug,
I would be back to using only one driver :)

Let me know if moving the IRQs helps out.

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com
http://immunix.org/~greg