loop device hangs

From: Christian van Enckevort (chris@warande1125.warande.uu.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 13:36:29 EST

> 10. To Do But Non Showstopper
>
> * Loop device can still hang (William Stearns has script that will
> hang 2.4.0-test7, Peter Enderborg has a short sequence that will
> hang 2.4.0test9)
I think I have the same problem with 2.4.0-test10 (with rieserfs-patch).
With small images (initrd-ramdisk) I have no problem, but when I prepare an
ext2fs-image for a backup on CD, the system will invariably hang. For me
this is a showstopper bug. I tried to further investigate this bug. I found
it can also be triggered by running bonnie on an ext2fs-image
(filesize=200Mb). When it hung, the EIP pointed to somewhere in
default_idle. Does anybody have some hints for finding some more useful
information about this bug?

Christian van Enckevort