Re: Locking Between User Context and Soft IRQs in 2.4.0

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 05:05:42 EST

I would just rather clean up the drivers manually. There's no
substitute for the human brain, and there are usually some associated
cleanups you can take care of, while working on the primary task.

I'm much more concerned about the interface. We need to get that nailed
down and reviewed. Once DaveM and you and Keith are all happy with the
net_device module stuff, apply that patch. The drivers can be trivially
cleaned up. With the latest patch I've seen, there is no -need- to
immediately update the drivers. Once the patch is applied, I can clean
the drivers while I'm cleaning up request_region and the other stuff.

--
Jeff Garzik             | Dinner is ready when
Building 1024           | the smoke alarm goes off.