Re: Linux 2.4 Status / TODO page (Updated as of 2.4.0-test10)

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 14:23:20 EST

tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:10:50 -0500
> From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>
>
> Part of that might be that serial doesn't support hotplug without
> patching.
>
> Did the patch which I sent out a few weeks ago actually work? I haven't
> had time to get back to it, but I now have a cardbus card, so it's on my
> todo list....

I do not have CardBus card, so I can't test it. Did you make sure to
have a pci_driver::remove function? That is a requirement for PCI
hotplug. Otherwise, your driver's probe routine will never be called.

I have a built-in Xircom modem on my Toshiba laptop, and it works great
with your patch.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik             | "When I do this, my computer freezes."
Building 1024           |          -user