Re: pcmcia

From: Brett (bpemberton@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 19:35:03 EST

Hey,

I don't know if this counts as a _problem_,
but I need to enable pci support to get pcmcia/cardbus activated.
Is this really necessary ?? My current kernels work fine without pci
support, and sure, enabling it won't hurt, just make the kernel bigger,
but why is the restriction there ?

Also, what has happened to the i82365 support that I need ?
Its nicely commented out in drivers/net/pcmcia/Config.in

I remember everything working fine up until about test3/4, since then I've
had to revert to the pcmcia-cs package.

Just wondering whats going on ?

        / Brett