Re: Linux 2.2.18pre21

From: Constantine Gavrilov (const-g@xpert.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 04:57:45 EST

Matti Aarnio wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:28:46AM +0100, willy tarreau wrote:
>
> From the patch source:
>
> +CONFIG_BONDING
> + Say 'Y' or 'M' if you wish to be able to 'bond' multiple Ethernet
> + Channels together. This is called 'Etherchannel' by Cisco,
> + 'Trunking' by Sun, and 'Bonding' in Linux.
>
> I think "bonding" is term used in one particular type
> of ISDN multilink calls.
>
> Cisco Trademark is EtherChannel -- there the capitalization
> is important. We could call it ETHERNETCHANNEL (and even
> "Etherchannel" or "ETHERCHANNEL") get away with it clean.

> > Regards,
> > Willy
>
> /Matti Aarnio

ISDN uses "channel bonding", not bonding. As for "Etherchannel", let us change
it to "EtherChannel" is this is how it is called.

Constantine Gavrilov
Unix System Administrator and Programmer
Xpert Integrated Systems
1 Shenkar St, Herzliya 46725, Israel
Phone: (972-8)-952-2361
Fax:   (972-9)-952-2366