Re: Linux 2.2.18pre21

From: willy tarreau (wtarreau@yahoo.fr)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 05:40:02 EST

> However, it has not been tested enough that I may
bet
> by head on saying there are no known issues.

I won't say there are no issues, but I'd say there are
no KNOWN issues.

> This is because I did not have access to all
> hardware that was needed to complete the tests in
> time.

I know that, Constantine. But I know a few people at
work who used it (me included), and I also had a
report
from a guy in germany using it with success.
I know this is really not much, but we used to read
about problems by the past, and I haven't received
even one complaint about the new one, so I bet it's a
bit better than it was.

> The code is not worse than the old code. However, a
> clear note must be made that this is experimental
> code and probably has small issues.

as always, and just like any other driver (eg: I'll
try
to take some time to make the megaraid work again on
my server).

> So if it is included, it must me marked as
experimental.

agreed.

Regards,
Willy