Re: Intel's ANS Driver -vs- Bonding [was Re: Linux 2.2.18pre21]

From: willy tarreau (wtarreau@yahoo.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 03:10:04 EST

> EtherChannel. Supposedly, it also supports failover
> (though even "bonding" driver docs used to say that
> was impossible because the linux networking
subsystem
> didn't handle card failures gracefully enough).

the new bonding code supports failover. It probes the
cards itself. Although this is a recommended mode of
operation, it is not the default one because I want it
to keep fully compatible with any implementation based
on the old one.

http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/100Linux.htm

I'll take a look, but except for the XOR sending algo,
I don't think much features are missing.

Willy