Re: Dual XEON - >>SLOW<< on SMP

From: Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 14:26:55 EST

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 04:03:25PM -0700, "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@timpanogas.org> wrote:

> Marc Lehman verified that PII systems will generate tons of AGIs with
> gcc.

It is a bit late (just came back from the systems'00 fair), but Jeff
Merkey just acknowledged that indeed he meant me with "Marc Lehman". I
have no idea why he wrote such a thing, since I never mentioned something
like that, nor did I verify anything like this (given that the sentence
doesn't make much sense, either).

Jeff, I never said such a thing and I would appreciate if you didn't put
your words into my mouth.

*puzzled*

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|