Re: [ANNOUNCE] Generalised Kernel Hooks Interface (GKHI)

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 16:48:16 EST

On 2000-11-10T19:12:29,
   "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU> said:

> Great! Are you thinking about putting the crash dumper and the raw
> write disk routines in a separate text section, so they can be located
> in pages which are write-protected from accidental modification in case
> some kernel code goes wild? (Who me? Paranoid? :-)

I would also suggest to have a little checksum over the relevant pages, to
verify that the code is still correct and we are not going to crashdump all
over our valuable data...

And I am still very fond of the idea of crash dumping to a network server ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl