Re: Linux 2.4 Status/TODO page (test11-pre3)

From: Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@ITS.TUDelft.NL)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 17:31:45 EST

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 02:39:09PM -0500, tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> * USB: system hang with USB audio driver {CRITICAL} (David
> Woodhouse, Randy Dunlap, Narayan Desai) (Fixed with usb-uhci;
> uhci-alt is unknown -- randy dunlap)

I can still hang the system with XMMS (1.0.1) using real-time priority.
The system doesn't die, but it is completely unresponsive. There is no
sound, but after the MP3 file is played, the system works again. I can
reproduce this behaviour with usb-uhci and uhci-alt on 2.4.0-test10.
I haven't test test11-pre3 yet, but the changes don't look too big that
the "bug" has been fixed.

BTW, I don't think this is a critical bug.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl