Re: Linux 2.4 Status/TODO page (test11-pre3)

From: David Ford (david@linux.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 22:26:37 EST

tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> 6. In Progress
>
> * The new hot plug PCI interface does not provide a method for
> passing the correct device name to cardmgr (David Hinds, a an)

is this entry missing some text?

> 9. To Do
>
> * Tulip hang on rmmod/crashes sometimes

This is a pretty old bug that has been worked on, can we get someone to test
a system and validate the bug?

Here's a USB addition, could go into #10 as it's pretty annoying but not a
show stopper.
++ usb-uhci and JE driver will both hang the machine on a warm boot when an
external SIIG 4port hub is plugged in and has been used in a previous boot.
The function call trace is usb_uhci->start_uhci->pci_write_config_word.
Hangs on popf near end of pci_write_config_word.

> 10. To Do But Non Showstopper
>
> * PCMCIA serial cards using built-in PCMCIA code will crash if a
> serial card is removed. (David Ford)

Did you/someone have a patch to try and address this?

> 11. To Check
>
> + dito if the file position changes between the call to

+t

> Fixed
>
> * Incredibly slow loopback tcp bug (believed fixed about 2.3.48)

Note; if I set up ESD to listen on a tcp port, connecting locally sounds
horrible. I haven't looked to see who's fault it really is.

-d

-- ---NOTICE

-- fwd: fwd: fwd: type emails will be deleted automatically.
      "There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are
      virtue and talents", Thomas Jefferson [1742-1826], 3rd US President