Re: oops in 2.2.17, not in 2.2.14-5

From: Rasmus Andersen (rasmus@jaquet.dk)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 10:44:47 EST

> OK, I tried with 2.2.16 and 2.2.18pre21 compiled with egcs-2.91.66
> (the kernels reported yesterday were compiled with 2.95.2).
>
> 2.2.16 oopsed faithfully (I could not get hold of the oops as several
> scrolled by and none made it to the log). 2.2.18pre21 does not oops.
> Bzip2 core dumps, but gzip makes it through. So it seems that my
> problem has been solved already and proactively :)

Eeek. Apparently I was a bit too early with the champagne... I was
away for an hour or so and when I came back it (2.2.18pre21) had
oopsed with multiple oops (i.e. the first offscreen) and hardlocked.
I'm now running 2.2.14-5 again, doing the exact same stuff and it
seems to hold up... (knock wood).

Barring someine suggestin a better solution I'll try to compile
a kernel with serial console and capture an oops that way.

Regards
  Rasmus