newbie, 2.4.0 on Asus CUSL2 (Intel 815E chipset with onboard vide o)

From: Stephen Gutknecht (linux-kernel) (linux-kernel@i405.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 15:23:43 EST

Thanks for the prior help on getting the kernel to compile; real newbie
mistake of not finding the right options in the "make menuconfig" screens.

I can now compile 2.4.0-test, but it hangs on the first line of loading.

 -- I have tried 2.4.0-test10 and 2.4.0-test11-pre4
 -- If I only do my network adapter, it compiles and boots fine. It is when
I add my desired settings (via "make menuconfig") for video support that the
compiled kernel hangs at system boot.

I have documented the exact procedure I use to compile the kernel at:

  http://www.roundsparrow.com/Linux/240oni815/

Help from other CUSL2 owners (or Intel 815E chipset) appreciated. Feel
free to keep replies off the main list, as this may be a training issue more
than a kernel one :)

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Renton, Washington