Re: Swapping over NFS in Linux 2.4?

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 11:23:24 EST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Andreas Osterburg wrote:

> Because I set up a diskless Linux-workstation, I want to swap
> over NFS. For this purpose I found only patches for "older"
> Linux-versions (2.0, 2.1, 2.2?).

> Does anyone know wheter there are patches for 2.4 or does anyone
> know another solution for this problem?

1. you can swap over NBD
2. if you point me to the swap-over-nfs patches you
   have found, I can try to make them work on 2.4 ;)

[I have some interest in making swap-over-nfs work and
most of the other VM things in 2.4 are already pretty
stable ... at the moment stability is more important
than extra performance tricks to me]

regards,

Rik

--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/