Re: [BUG] Hard lockup using emu10k1-based sound card

From: Hans Grobler (grobh@sun.ac.za)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:53:59 EST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Just as another data point, I, too, had trouble with lockups with the
> emu10k1 (with the 2.4.0-test driver and ALSA both). I noticed that it was
> sharing an interrupt with ACPI. As soon as I rebuilt the kernel with the
> ACPI Interpreter option turned off, the problem went away.

In my case, the emu10k1 has an IRQ all to itself... (and I don't have
ACPI enabled).

Been running the kernel emu10k1 on test11-pre5 since this morning.
I've only had one lockup (older testX emu10k1's locked up more
frequently). So there still appears to be a problem with (or triggered by)
test11-pre5 emu10k1. As I was under X at that stage (XMMS & two xterms), I
did not see any panic()'s or BUG()'s.

Next I'm going to compile with serial console & see if I can see any
panic() or BUG()s.

-- Hans.