Setting IP Options in the IP-Header

From: Nishant Rao (nishant@cs.utexas.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 12:11:45 EST

Hi,

We are conducting some research that involves setting our custom data as
a new IP option in the IP header (in the options field) of every packet.

We have poured over the source code but it is quite confusing to figure
out how the details of the way the options field is split among various
options (ie. offsets etc). Can anyone help us figure out how to add new
custom options into the IP header ?

Please CC me on your replies so that I can also get the answer :
<nishant@cs.utexas.edu>

Thanks,
Nishant