Re: 2.2.18pre21 - IP kernel level autoconfiguration

From: Luca Montecchiani (luca.montecchiani@teamfab.it)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 10:32:10 EST

Chip Schweiss wrote:

> The problem seems to be deeper than that. I first encountered the
> problem with only bootp compiled in. In my configuration I am not able
> to supply kernel parameters on the client which may be why you were
> able to get bootp to execute.

Seem that you have to specify the "ip=bootp" options now

* <PROTO>:
* off|none - don't do autoconfig at all (DEFAULT)
* on|any - use any configured protocol
* dhcp|bootp|rarp - use only the specified protocol
* both - use both BOOTP and RARP (not DHCP)

Anyway I'll do more investigation about my problem to get bootp
work with dhcp compiled into kernel next week

luca