Re: VGA PCI IO port reservations

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 12:20:28 EST

Richard B. Johnson writes:
> This can't be.

Richard, before I read any further, I suggest that you get some
documentation on a few PCI VGA cards and read up on the register
addresses. You may want to change your assumptions about what can and
can't be. ;)

And I can definitely say that if you don't allow access to these "extended"
VGA ports, BIOSes either enter infinite loops or else terminate without
initialising the card. Trust me; I've been successfully running various
PCI VGA card BIOSes under an x86 emulator on an ARM machine for the past
few months.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\