Re: EXPORT_NO_SYMBOLS vs. (null) ?

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:50:00 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Rogier Wolff wrote:

> > > EXPORT_NO_SYMBOLS - nothing exported
> > > MODULE_foo - export specific symbol
> > >
> > > none of the above, export all globals but without modvers
> > ^^^^^^^ and statics!!!!
> >
> > I consider that a bug, but...
>
> eh? Can you give an example of this? This should definitely -not- be
> the case.

Compile a kernel, marking "sx" and "riscom8" as modules.

Install, modprobe sx, and voila, you'll pull in the riscom because
its "block_til_ready" static was found to satisfy the block_til_ready
from generic_serial.

We're working on renaming the one in generic_serial to
"gs_block_til_ready", but haven't checked yet if the patch got
applied. So you may have to use a "month-old" kernel for this test.

                                Roger.

* There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
* There are also old, bald pilots.