Re: struct acct uses 16bit uids :-(

From: Chris Wing (wingc@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 13:23:11 EST

Andreas:

My changes for process accounting were not accepted along with the rest of
the 32-bit UID patches. The current state of things as I understand it is
that SGI is working on some "enhanced" accounting support for Linux, which
may end up replacing the current process accounting. (stuff like job
accounting and more resource usage statistics)

Of course, if Linux 2.4 were to include 32-bit UID fields in the current
accounting structure like this patch:

        http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/misc/2.3/20000110/linux-acct.patch

we here at U-M would have no objection :)