Re: Defective Red Hat Distribution poorly represents Linux

From: Mohammad A. Haque (mhaque@haque.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 14:37:46 EST

To Charles:
I see your intentions but you really want to take this up with Redhat
and some linux advocacy groups. linux-kernel really doesnt need to deal
with things like gcc being broken and such (which I don't think is your
case; check your hardware -- my reason? I've deployed RH 6.2 on 20 or
so server, all scsi, without a hitch. also signal 11 points to memory
problems).

To list:
Could we please come across to users a little more politely? I know its
frustrating when people come barging in complaining about something that
really should be directed somewhere else. But it's heck of alot better
if we don't have a user that later thinks 'Damn, linux developers are
meanies' and then are afraid to ask us questions later which wuld
probably be useful for us. I'm not saying I was right by simply blowing
off Charles by telling him this is the wrong list. I should have pointed
him in the right direction and given quick pointers.

--

===================================================================== Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/ mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/ batmanppc@themes.org =====================================================================