i82365 PCI-PCMCIA bridge still not working in 2.4.0-test11

From: Michel Salim (mas118@cs.york.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 13:35:33 EST

Hi,

Installed kernel 2.4.0-test11 on my Debian Woody box today. Had no
problem apart from getting PCMCIA to work. I have a PCI-PCMCIA adapter
on my desktop PC, using the Cirrus Logic CL6729 chipset; on a 2.2.x
kernel it is detected as an i82365 and works accordingly.

After trying 2.4.0-test9 and -test10 (which don't support i82365), it
was nice to see that test11-pre6 finally has regained PCMCIA support...
so it's weird to encounter this problem. Has anyone managed to use the
i82365 kernel module?

relevant kernel config:

PCMCIA support compiled as a module
i82365 as a module
CardBus (yenta_socket) as a module

Attached are the result of running /etc/init.d/pcmcia start and the
error message from dmesg

Any help appreciated... and looking forward to test12... or will it be
2.4.0-final, finally?

:)

Regards,

Michel Salim

Starting PCMCIA services: modulesHint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
 cardmgr.

/lib/modules/2.4.0-test11/pcmcia/i82365.o: init_module: No such device
ds: no socket drivers loaded!
/lib/modules/2.4.0-test11/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted