Success with 2.4.0-test11(-final) [was: Re: Oops with 2.4.0-test10 during ripping an audio cd with cdda2wav]

From: Bernd Nottelmann (nottelm@uni-muenster.de)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 09:10:31 EST

On Saturday 11 November 2000 05:18, you wrote:
 [...]
> This looks like cdrom.c:mmc_ioctl, CDROMREADAUDIO, kmalloc'ing too
> much memory, which triggers the BUG() in slab.c. I'm not quite sure
> how this is happening though, unless cdda2wav sets a negative ra.nframes
> (a quick browse on a version I have here shows it does not, maybe you
> have a different version).
>
> Is it reproducable? If so, could you try with this patch?

As I already told you, the bug was reproducible, as well in 2.4.0-test10 as in
2.4.0-test11. Today I tried it with 2.4.0-test11, the oops did happen again.
After applying your patch I ripped the song again (I figured out that it
was only one song, not the whole cd) and oops occured. Additionally
I checked the song out and it was ok.

  Bernd

PS: for unknown reasons your attached patch was included twice
in the file I saved on disk from it, so it came to this weird error messages
I mentioned in my last mail.