Re: deadlock on 4way machine

From: Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 11:54:26 EST

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> > Tigran> Hi, Some processes get stuck in page fault handler for ages
> > Tigran> (like for 10 minutes!). The machine still has plenty (3.5G) of
> > Tigran> free high memory but zero (2216K) of free low memory.
> >
> > Including info on the kernel version would kinda help.
>
> that is obtainable by fingering @finger.kernel.org (I only ever use/report
> bugs on the latest kernel).

I think only Linus can claim that. At any rate, the world isn't going to
remember your particular preference for the latest kernel, nor is it going
to go to the trouble of trying to correlate the date on your messages with
a history of patch releases. If you report a bug thought to be fixed,
it'll just be assumed to be old.