Re: 3c59x: Using bad IRQ 0

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 18:14:20 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > A caveat to this whole scheme is that usb-uhci -already- calls
> > pci_enable_device before checking dev->irq, and yet cannot get around
> > the "assign IRQ to USB: no" setting in BIOS. I hope that is an
> > exception rather than the rule.
>
> Do we have a recent report of this with full PCI debug output? It might
> just be another unlisted intel irq router..

Actually, I -was- able to reproduce this problem on my SMP PIIX4 box
here. But as of test11-final, I am no longer able to reproduce it.

Maybe some intrepid testers are willing to test 2.4.0-test11 with these
BIOS settings:
        PNP OS: Yes
        Assign IRQ to USB: No

It works for me... :)

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik             |
Building 1024           | The chief enemy of creativity is "good" sense