Re: problem with hp C1537A tape drives

From: Paul Jakma (paulj@itg.ie)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 14:25:44 EST

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Phil Randal wrote:

> Ah, have you tried cleaning the tape heads?

the drive gets a run of a cleaning tape on a weekly basis.

> far more frequently than you'd expect. I've found it needs
> two cleaning tape passes to clear this one.

uhmmm.... ok. I've now done multiple cleanning runs with multiple
cleaning tapes. let's see what happens when i try the amflush.

> Cleaning solves a similar problem I get with these drives
> and Backup Exec for Netware.

and guess what... it's worked for me too. doh! guess once a week is
not enough then.

apologies to the list my tape cluelessness.

> Phil

thanks,

--paulj