Re: setting up pppd dial-in on linux

From: Raivis Bucis (raivis@mt.lv)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 05:00:52 EST

From: "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 9:10 PM

: On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:48:06PM -0800, J Sloan wrote:
: > "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:
: >
: > > Anyone out there a whiz at setting up a pppd dialin server? I am
: > > trying to put together an RPM for pppd dialin configurations
: > > that will support default Windows NT and Linux dial in clients
: > > without requiring the poor user to learn bash scripting, chat
: > > scripting, mgetty and inittab configuration, etc. The steps
: > > in setting this up are about as easy as going on a U.N. relief
: > > mission to equatorial Africa, and most customers who are
: > > "mere mortals" would give up about an hour into it.
: >
: > Red Hat's ppp client setup is about a 90 second job
:
: I am using theirs as a base. Setup's not the issue. It's the
: chap MD5 authentication for NT clients and the constant
: crashing that's troublesome. I have it working, just not
: with NT clients.

Probably this little patch will help you. I had similar problems with
Windows 95 and encryption
enabled.

Raivis