Error after make bzImage

From: Kaustubh Phanse (ksphanse@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 10:47:43 EST

Hello!

      I am trying to recompile my kernel after adding
some patches... After making the changes, I first run
make dep and then make clean...both run fine. However,
after running make bzImage it gives me the following
errors:

make[2]: *** [ksyms.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/kernel'
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_kernel] Error 2

I was not able to figure out what may be causing this
problem. Can some one please help me out with this
one?

Thank you very much
Kaustubh