Re: XFree 4.0.1/NVIDIA 0.9-5/2.4.0-testX/11 woes [solved]

From: Yoann Vandoorselaere (yoann@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:37:45 EST

Kiril Vidimce <vkire@pixar.com> writes:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > I've never seen such thing as code without bugs. In my experience,
> > > the NVIDIA drivers are by far the most complete and solid 3D drivers
> > > under Linux.
> >
> > You are welcome to your opinion. I've got this great bridge to sell you too
>
> I don't see the need for sarcasm. If you feel that you can demonstrate
> that the above is untrue, by all means do so. I am sure there is more
> than one person that would want to know what's currently the best 3D
> Linux configuration out there.

It was already discussed too much time...
A good argument against what they do is that they don't even respect
existing standard (see DRI). Also, from what I seen, the Radeon card
have almost the same performance as the nvidia one... and we have an
open source driver... at least.

Ps : and this is going offtopic...

--
		-- Yoann http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~yoann/
Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.