2.4 test10 error reading from HP colorado 7/14 Gb tape

From: Jean-Luc Fontaine (jfontain@winealley.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 05:43:30 EST

Please CC me, thank you.

I can write just fine to the tape, but reading gives me the following
error:

# tar -tvf /dev/ht0
ide-tape: ht0: I/O error, pc = 8, key = 5, asc = 2c, ascq = 0

A search on deja.com shows that I am not the only one to have
experienced this and that it did not occur with previous versions of
ide-tape.c. The same error occurs with a non-modular kernel build.

The machine is a i386 redhat 7.0, kernel compiled with egcs 1.1.2.

--
Jean-Luc Fontaine mailto:jfontain@winealley.com http://www.winealley.com