Some problems with the raid-stuff in 2.4.0-test12pre3

From: Florian Heinz (sky@dereference.de)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 06:33:22 EST

Hello people,

I have some trouble with the raid-stuff.
My machine is a Pentium-III, 256 MB ram and 7 scsi-disks (IBM DNES-318350W
17B). I'm using raid5 for 6 of these disks (chunk-size 8).
Machine boots, I do mkraid /dev/md0 and then mke2fs /dev/md0 and that's
where the problems start. mkfs tries to write 684 inode-tables and after the
first 30 it gets very slow. ps ax (with wchan) tells me it hangs in
wakeup_bdflush.
I'm rather sure it's related to the raidcode, because without raid the disks
work as expected.
I'm using an Adaptec 7892A with the aic7xxx-driver, I have disabled the TCQ
and the extra checks for the new queueing code, but I have tried with both
activated, too.
No related messages from the kernel in the syslog.
It worked fine with 2.2.x.

I've attached several (maybe) relevant informations, if you need more,
please tell me.

Regards

Florian Heinz