Re: 2.2.17 IP masq bug

From: Ben McCann (bmccann@indusriver.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 05:06:00 EST

I'm curious about how ICMP redirect is causing this problem.
Would you elaborate on how ICMP is involved?

-Ben McCann

Julian Anastasov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Mike Perry wrote:
>
> > external net, so it can IP masq the other 14 machines. The machines are on a
> > switch, and share a semi-switched network segment with a bunch of other
> > external IP'd machines (we are all in the same lab, actually).
> >
> > The bug:
> > When I make a connection from any internal node to the one of the other
> > externally routed machines in my lab, then close it, this external machine then
> > becomes unreachable to successive connects from that node.
>
> This problem can be caused from the ICMP redirect. Can these
> commands help?
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
>
> -

Ben McCann                              Indus River Networks
                                        31 Nagog Park
                                        Acton, MA, 01720
email: bmccann@indusriver.com           web: www.indusriver.com
phone: (978) 266-8140                   fax: (978) 266-8111