Re: test12-pre3 (FireWire issue)

From: Andreas Bombe (andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 19:10:19 EST

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 11:00:07PM -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> Linus Torvalds said once upon a time (Tue, 28 Nov 2000):
>
> > - pre3:
> > - Andreas Bombe: ieee1394 cleanups and fixes
>
> Linus, Andreas,
>
> I've been using this same config since FireWire was merged, just tried out
> test12-pre3 and got an unresolved symbol problem with raw1394.o

Frankly, I don't know where the missing symbols could come from.
Nothing in that area was recently changed. The patch merged into pre3
was just removing Linux 2.2 compatibility macros and fixing two bugs,
symbols were not messed with.

I haven't compiled pre3 myself so far, however.

--
 Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44
http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/    http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/