Re: Nightly usb oops

From: Greg KH (greg@wirex.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 13:41:04 EST

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:13:09AM -0500, J. Nick Koston wrote:
> My machine crashes almost every night with this oops. I've finally
> managed to catch it before it was totally gone.

This looks like a usb device was unplugged and plugged back in.
What devices do you have connected?
What host controller driver are you using?
What happens to the machine at this time of night (cron jobs, etc.)?
What is your .config?
What kernel is this (and if 2.4.0-test10, does this also happen on
2.4.0-test12-pre4)?
What kind of processor is this?

In short, lots more info needed.

thanks,