Problems with PDC202xx driver

From: James Lamanna (jlamanna@its.caltech.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 07:59:36 EST

Whenever I tried using the PDC202xx driver in
2.4-test11 I kept receiving the line in dmsg:
PDC20267: neither IDE port enabled (BIOS)

I traced this to ide-pci.c, line 606:
if (e->reg && (pci_read_config_byte(dev, e->reg, &tmp)
        || (tmp & e->mask) != e->val))
    continue; /* port not enabled */

This if was returning true, and skipping the rest of the loop
(which sets up the ioports...)
So it looks like to me that it's not enabling the IOPorts
for this chipset. This seems like a really bad thing, considering
that I can gain no access to the drives currently using this driver.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--James Lamanna