Re: Microsecond accuracy

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 09:13:04 EST

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How about TSC? I know this has disadvantages such as:
>
> a) not all machines have TSC

while we are on this subject, please let me emphasize that you should
_not_ be using cpuid instruction to detect the presence of TSC but should
parse the /proc/cpuinfo file. There are many valid reasons why Linux's
idea of TSC presence may not be the same as hardware's (cpuid
instruction) idea.

Regards,
Tigran