RE: Ramdisk root filesystem strangeness

From: Vivek Dasgupta (vivek_dasgupta@email.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:50:03 EST

Hi

I m sorry if this question doesn't belong to this list. But I couldn't
access the linux-admin list.

Is there support for using RAMDISK as the final root file system
in 2.2.x versions, or is it there in the 2.4.x versions.

I am trying to bring up linux on a diskless server which initially mounts
root FS thru NFS. Then I want to load HDD image to a RAMDISK and use it as
the final root filesystem.

I am not sure whether it is a ready supported or any kernel change will be
required for this?

Any pointers would be helpful.

thanks

vivek