Re: bug in scsi.c

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 18:16:19 EST

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Nearly correct, the daemonize function does NOT call exit_files.
> >
> > I do not post messages to linux-kernel without checking the facts
> > first. Read the daemonize() function and see for yourself that you are
> > wrong.
>
> Andreas is looking at a slightly older kernel, and was right for that. Every
> caller to daemonize either then did the file stuff or needed to and forgot
> so I fixed daemonize

Yes, yes, Alan, I do know that. I just took it for granted that the
correctness of the statement when applied to the latest kernel should not
upset someone who is looking at the older version so me calling someone
"wrong" is not a strong offensive term, just a mild thing saying "guess
what -- things changed". Just trying to exercise the human mind to get
used to quick changes in the Linux world -- that is all :)

Regards,
Tigran