Re: [Fwd: NTFS repair tools]

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 12:02:12 EST

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 03:34:09PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

        [...]

> Maybe that can prevent pupils^H^H^H^H^Heople from shooting their
> foots...

        Nothing can "prevent" them from shooting themselves in the foot,
even taking away their guns and ammunition (removing it from the kernel)
is rarely sufficient for the really skillfull and determined foot
shooters (they want it, they'll patch it back in and complain about the
inconvenience).

        We can make it more difficult and make sure they understand that
it's a self inflicted injury when it happens to them, but we can not
prevent it.

        Application Programmers Saying: "Software development is a race
between software engineers who are attempting to create fool proof programs
and the Universe which is attempting to create bigger and better fools."

        Software Engineers Saying: "So far, the Universe is winning."

> MfG, JBG
>
> --
> Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
> /* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */
> keyID=0x8399E1BB fingerprint=250D 3BCF 7127 0D8C A444 A961 1DBD 5E75 8399 E1BB
> "insmod vi.o and there we go..." (Alexander Viro on linux-kernel)

        Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/